Everyday I strive
to become a
As a mom of three (one + twins), she knows how busy life can be, and how important it is to have a reliable provider to help guide you through your child’s development. She is a strong advocate for early intervention to promote life-long health. Michelle believes parents need to be involved in developing their child’s treatment plan: developing goals, participating or observing sessions, and setting realistic homework.
Michelle believes work needs to be functional and fun! She has a passion for learning and utilizing research-based methods. She provides highly focused sessions to maximize results with minimum effort.
Michelle’s qualifications include:
- 20+ years of service with patients of all ages in schools, daycares, homes, in- and out-patient, and private practice offices
- Undergraduate and Graduate degrees from Michigan State University
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- International Association of Orofacial Myology (IAOM) member and Certification Candidate
- Michigan Teaching Certificate as a Teacher for the Speech-Language Impaired (TSLI) with a minor in Psychology
- Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC)
- Certified Buteyko Breathing Method (Cert.BBM)
- Certified Trauma and Resilience Practitioner (CTRP)
- Certified Myo Munchee Practitioner
- She has supervised 7 graduate students from Eastern Michigan University and Michigan State University, 4 ASHA clinical fellows, and dozens of high school and undergraduate students.
- Recipient of 4 Awards for Continuing Education (ACE) from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association
- Extensive training in Positive Behavior Supports, non-violent crisis intervention, trauma, Statewide Autism Resources and Training (START), Social Thinking, PROMPT, Story Champs/narrative language, AAC, dysphagia, and feeding.
It’s her own crazy parenting adventures that really connected her personal and professional lives together, making her a better therapist and Mama Dinosaur (a T-Rex to be specific).
When she’s not providing private services or working in schools, you will find her with her family and crazy dog, Aggie. Michelle is a 4-H leader and volunteers with junior roller derby and a local food bank. She enjoys yoga, training Aggie, Broadway shows, and summer adventures.
Fun Facts About Michelle:
Favorite food: popcorn
Her first job was landscaping with her dad’s company -for 16 years!
Hidden talent: baton twirling
She is not a reptile lover – but has a house full of them!
She was too short to be Sparty, but got to be her school district’s mascot for assemblies
Favorite store: a greenhouse